Friday, September 13, 2013

A lil pick-me-up


Before my soldier left for basic training I told him I wanted to make a build a bear together so I could hold it at night while he's away. I dressed it in camouflage just like my soldier of course! But I also put in one of those voice recorders in the arm of the bear so whenever I press it I hear my soldier's voice say I love you. It has helped me so much. Especially the times in basic training when we had little communication because whenever I needed to hear his voice I just had to push a button. I have slept with this bear in my arms every night he's been away and it gives me comfort like he would if he were home. Even though its something simple and kid-ish it has helped me the most throughout this long-distance and I know I'll keep the bear around for the times when I cannot be with my soldier. It never hurts to have a stuffed animal to sleep with while your loved ones away :)


No comments:

Post a Comment