Thursday, September 12, 2013

Homecoming Planning

So it's about three weeks until my soldier comes home and that means that it is time so start planning his homecoming. I have already started a sign that I am going to hold while I wait for him at the airport, but it is not quite finished yet, but when it is I will definitely post a picture. However, I starting brainstorming about if I wanted any decorations for when my soldier comes home and I decided I wanted to make a Welcome Home banner. I am a big DIY girl, and I love crafts, so I thought why buy a banner when I can make one myself. I have seen Just Married banner templates online and I decided to use one I found  because it had cute letters with a circular border that I liked, but I decided to make it bigger so it stood out more.

So this is a picture of my banner. It isn't completely finished because I want to add bows or something on the ends so it doesn't look so frumpy. But I am very pleased with how nice it looks since I just used computer paper. I wanted to use camo print ribbon but they didn't have any at the Michael's near me so I just went with an army green color. Other than that it was very easy to make and I'm even more excited for my soldier to return home. It's crazy that I only have to count weeks now instead of months! 

Comment below if you would like more detailed instructions or the link for the template that I used. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment