Thursday, September 19, 2013

Being Crafty

So it's less than two weeks until my soldier comes home and I'm busy getting everything ready for his return. I have two crafts to share with you today, one is the homecoming sign I mentioned earlier and the other is a banner I made for our couple/engagement pictures.

I've always loved the saying "Here I am just like I promised" so I knew I had to include it into my homecoming sign that I will be holding while I wait for my soldier at the airport. So I'm not the best painter but I think it came out pretty good. I always love the idea of putting camo and pink together because it brings out my soldier's colors (his uniform) and it also has the pink which is a girly color I like. So I wanted to use both and make some colors capitalized and some in cursive to make it stand out. And last but not least I counted how many days it has been since I've seen my soldier and I put them on there in red glitter to stand out the most.



The second project I decided to make came from the idea that I had to hold a "Just Married" banner when my soldier and I get married but I decided to do something even better. I decided I would make a banner of the date that we are going to get married to hold and take pictures with. I've had these couple pictures planned for awhile because I've always wanted to take pictures with him in his uniform, and I thought this banner would make the picture just perfect. All I did to make the banner was buy a little sample of fabric form Walmart and I used stencils and painted the numbers on the fabric with acrylic paint. In the picture the ribbon looks to skinny for my liking that is why I haven't glued it yet so I'm going to pick up a thicker width ribbon before we take the pictures. And I'll post a picture when we get them taken and show you guys how it looks :)


No comments:

Post a Comment